Are you looking for an idea to make your P&ID more reliable and “smart?”
ESApro P&ID speeds up the graphic layout of the design and it automatically provides the lists of lines, valves and equipment.
Piping Class driven Lines
ESApro P&ID supervises the working progress of the P&ID diagram through the piping classes outlined in the project database. It constantly supports the user and checks assembly line production and the insertion of the components.
Once the diameter and the class of a line have been chosen, the program:
- displays only the compatible components thus minimizing errors
- automatically defines the characteristics of the inserted components in pipe class (material, rating, etc.) and also the process data of the line (pressure, temperature, etc.)
- checks and updates all the line components in real time whenever the class or the diameter are modified
- Automatically defines the “from” and the “to” of the designed lines
- the program reports on the eventual duplicated lines or components in real time
The piping classes can be directly generated in the P&ID or imported from ESApro 3D Piping environment.
Complying with the ISA and KKS standards
During the project setup the user can decide which standard (ISA or KSS) to comply with: then the program will manage the tagging of:
- valves and line components
- instrument and control valves
In ISA the program defines instrument loops selecting the instrument types (PI, FT, PCV etc) from a customizable table.
In KKS the program sets the tag mode showing the system on lines, valves and components, equipment and instruments.
Customizable DIN/ISA/UNI Symbols
The program provides a standard DIN/ISA/UNI, ISA, KKS library with more than 400 symbols such as: valves, line components, equipment and instruments.
New symbols can be added or either the provided ones can be modified through a simple and immediate guided procedure.
Tools for diagram’s drawing
The program reduces the design time, minimizes errors and guarantees precision execution thanks to the following features:
- positioning and orientation of components with the trim of the line
- aided scheme editing
- deletion of components and automatic reclosing of the line
- replacement of an existing valve with a simple click
- grips for rapid modification of equipment dimensions
- automatic and customizable management of layers, lines and components colors
- automatic visualization of flow direction symbols and components size
- aided insertion of notations and off-page connectors for multi-sheet links
Automatic tagging of lines and components
The rules applied to the component and line tags are carried out only once during the projet setup
The automatic numbering function is provided for all the components and assigns a progressive univocal number that matches up with the tag set in the piping class.
The line tag is automatically generated taking the data (ex: ND, class, fluid) of the line itself.
ESApro P&ID is particularly efficient when intervening on existing schemes and it can modify at any time:
- process line data (class, ND, etc.)
- data of each component
Any modification implies the automatic and controlled update of all the components and of the tags.
Thanks to these features it is very easy to develop preliminary schemes by using generic classes and components so as to adjust them in an later stage: in this way all of the project will be automatically updated.
The “Find” function allows the visualization of the already used tag list, and it higlights on the drawing lines, components, instrumentation, loops and the double tags.
In order to manage the projects containing lines which spread out over many sheets, the system provides tools able to control the cross references where the lines within the multi-sheet are properly referenced. Once all the sheets are connected, ESApro P&ID searches for the “from” and the “to” points of the lines lying on the many sheets generating the project line lists.
Line, Valve, Instrument and Equipment lists
The program provides the following lists:
- manual valve and line component
- instrument and control valve
The material lists format can be customized by choosing which fields, order and filters to visualize. The lists can be directly printed or exported in TXT or Excel files for further processing or interfacing with external software.
Comparisons between revisions and integrations with Navisworks
ESApro P&ID can generate many types of lists (lines, valves, instruments, equipment) and then compares them with the previous revisions producing a report that highlights:
- new objects (present in the current revision only)
- deleted objects (no longer present in the current revision)
- modified objects (present in the current version but modified with respect to the previous version)
Furthermore, ESApro P&ID provides the command “Publish DWFx ESApro” which exports the ESApro model into the DWFx format; that can be opened by a free viewer (Autodesk Nawisworks Freedom or Design Review), to navigate the model and inspect objects.
The DWFX file contains the following information:
- line number and characteristic data (ND, piping class, pressure, temperature etc..)
- tag and characteristic data of components (material, rating, dimensions, part number, etc..)
This advanced functionality streamlines the sharing of information within the company and with the external world, minimizing the need of creating tables and preliminary lists.
Multiuser Database integrated into the Piping environment
The project database, based on the standard Microsoft SQL Server, is shared by all the P&ID drawings, the 3D Piping models, the isometric sketches and the electrical design environment.
The “Publish” command allows the user to publish all the current drawing data into the database so that it is available to the project team. Thanks to the “Line Manager” it is possible to supervise in real time the lines of the whole project thereby giving the user the possibility to intervene in a simple and immediate way. The “Compare” function can constantly check on the consistancy between the process scheme and the 3D model.
With ESApro Instrumentation the users can insert the electro-instrumental data for the generation of the data sheets, and the data for the related material lists directly to the hook ups.
Integration with electrical diagram (SPAC Link)
The “SPAC Link” function allows the user to integrate the design of the project with the electrical discipline and automatically transfers the electrical data of the instruments and of the equipments to SD PROGET software SPAC Automazione.
SPAC Automazione functions are:
- multi-sheet management and cross references
- automatic tagging of components
- material lists
- wires list
- terminal blocks and connectors design
- PLC configuration
For any further information about SPAC items click the following link www.sdproget.it
Maximum compatibility with external Software
All files produced with the ESApro software are DWG files with standard AutoCAD entities (lines, circles, blocks, solids, etc) included: no additional object enabler or conversion tool are therefore required to open or view such files. The interfacing of files with other software is then very straightforward as all types of software can read the DWG/DXF format or any other format exportable from AutoCAD (DWF,DWFx,DGN,PDF).