Would you like to design a plant in 3D?
With ESApro 3D piping you can create a three-dimensional model of the plant and automatically generate orthographic views, as well as isometric sketches and material lists.
Plant Design driven by Piping Specs
ESApro Plant Design applications speed up the design process thanks to the constant monitoring by the Piping Spec, and always ensure univocal precision in the choice of the components used.
The “Spec Management” module allows the user to create its own piping classes in a fast and simple way by choosing between all the available components of the dimensional catalogue, the subset conforming to the project criteria. After the insertion of the components (pipes, elbows, flanges, valves, etc.) the class can be completed with further information such as:
- branch table automatically generated by the program
- definition of welding space
- maximum and minimum pipe length
The classes defined on the database can be modified at any stage of the project: the powerful update functions verify and keep the newly created lines up to date and ensure congruency with the new classes.
High speed and absolute precision in the 3D plant modeling
ESApro three-dimensional modeling functions are extremely fast and at the same time ensures the accuracy of the graphic representation:
- powerful tools for automatic lines routing
- automatic line dressing with pipes and fittings matching the piping class
- absolute precision when positioning the components on the line through the placement and pipe-snap functions
- fit to fit options to place components without any pre-existing pipe axis
- all the characteristics (size, classes, etc.) and the line can be changed at any time, all the components will be automatically updated
Even unskilled users can easily handle ESApro 3D Piping as it requires just a very basic knowledge of the tridimensional environment.
Customizable dimensional Catalog
The software contains hundreds of parametrical graphic functions generating the 3D model of piping components by picking up the dimensional data from the centralized database.
The ESApro 3D Piping catalog provides more than 10.000 piping components, organized in 1,500 dimensional tables, conforming to the most widespread standards (such as ASME, ISO/DIN/UNI, BS, BPE etc.).. offering beside the conventional components, also a catalog of components in PVC and PTFE, fiberglass, sanitary and Victaulic. The graphic representation of the components conforms to the standards of the plant industry; when required it is possible to use customized components directly modeled either with AutoCAD/BricsCAD or other software, or eventually downloaded from the manufacturer’s web site.
Each component is provided with descriptions in different languages and an additional field is provided for the part number.
Steel Structures Modeling
ESApro 3D Piping contains a module for the fast creation of steel structures. Thanks to quick and intuitive interfaces it is possible to create beams (IPN, UPN, IPE, HE, LEQ etc.) by taking them from a customizable database and by adapting them to your needs simple shaping and editing commands.
Commands for the automatic creation of the following are also available
- stand bases
- ramp stairs
- spiral staircases
The program provides automatically the bill of material of the beams and the total steel structure weight.
Equipments modeling and importation
Besides having a parametrical library of pumps, tanks, heat- exchangers and other equipment, ESApro 3D Piping can import 3D solids modeled directly with AutoCAD/BricsCAD or external standard format (ACIS, STEP, SAT etc.) files and can convert them into ESApro equipments: during the conversion process it is possible to define the connection points of the new equipment, acknowledged by the program as nozzles valid for all intents and purposes.
Modeling of typical supports
The libraries provided by ESApro 3DPiping include more than 70 parametrical supports (pedestals, collars, shoes etc.) Once they are inserted they can be counted and automatically passed into both the isometric sketches obtained with ESApro Isometrics and the interchange files generated by ESApro Stress Analysis Interface.
The optional ESApro Supports module is available for the development of shop drawings and detailed material list.
Real time clash detection
While user is modeling the pipeline, the program can reveal any possible clash with:
- other piping lines
- steel structures and civil works
- pipe supports
- electrical raceways and HVAC ducts
- any other 3D objects
A subsequent verification command is also provided, able to scan the whole plant.
Customizable Material Lists
Once the model is finished, the program can automatically produce the following lists:
- piping materials (pipes, elbows, tees, valves, etc.)
The material lists format can be customized by choosing which fields to visualize, their order and possible filters. The lists can be directly printed or exported in TXT or Excel files for further processing or interfacing with external software.
Comparisons between revisions and integration with Navisworks
ESApro 3D Piping can generate many types of lists (piping materials, valves, lines, etc.) and then compares them with the previous revision producing a report which highlights:
- new objects (present in the current revision only)
- deleted objects (no longer present in the current revision)
- modified objects (present in the current version but updated from the previous version)
Furthermore provides the command “Publish DWFx ESApro” which exports the ESApro model into the DWFx format; that can be opened by a free viewer (Autodesk Nawisworks Freedom or Design Review), to navigate the model, inspect objects and take measurements.
The DWFX file contains the following information:
- line number and characteristic data (ND, piping class, pressure, temperature etc..)
- tag and characteristic data of components (material, rating, dimensions, part number, reference isometric drawing etc..)
- type and lenght of beams
This advanced functionality streamlines the sharing of information within the company and with the external world, minimizing the need of creating 2D tables and preliminary lists.
Integration with Laser Scanners and Points Clouds
ESApro 3D Piping is integrated with the most popular laser scanner systems for the three-dimensional survey of existing plant and facilities. ESApro expand its potential, overcoming the simple and traditional modeling activities inside the cloud, thanks to the complete integration with FARO Technologies © As Built. Combining the functionality of the two modules that operate transparently side by side, is possible to:
- Manage multiple display configurations to frame only the area on which you want to operate
- Rebuild the geometry of existing pipelines by directly exploiting the ESApro piping classes
- Assign identification data to each reconstructed line (i.e.: line number, fluid, etc.)
- Automatically convert rebuilt lines with As Built into ESApro 3D piping
- Model new plant parts or modify existing pipelines
- Navigate within the three-dimensional model by selecting “Bubble view”
- Perform an interference check between solid 3D objects and point cloud
The perfect combination of these two environments make ESApro and PointSense Plant the ideal choice to approach, in a simple and effective way, all the issues related to the management of the expansion and revamping processes of existing plants.
Integration with BIM
Today, the technologies related to BIM (Building Information Modeling) have become increasingly important in the AEC markets and related disciplines (eg: hydraulic, electrical, ventilation, etc.). It is therefore of fundamental importance for a software that looks to the future, to keep abreast of the latest technological innovations and to give its users the opportunity to cooperate within a BIM project. Through the power of ESApro combined with the flexibility of the BricsCAD BIM module, the user is able to:
- Acquire the three-dimensional model of building made with BIM software (I.e.: Revit, ArchiCAD, AllPlan, etc.)
- Modelling your system within the three-dimensional context
- Automatically classify your objects according to the BIM categories
- Export your 3D model in the standard IFC2x3 interchange format officially certified by the international Building Smart
- Import your BIM model complete with descriptive properties into other BIM software or compatible viewers (eg: Autodesk Revit, Autodesk BIM 360, BIM Vision, Solibri Model Viewer etc.)
Multi-users Database integrated with the P&ID environment
Based on the standard Microsoft SQL Server, the project database is shared by all the P&ID diagrams, the 3D Piping models, the isometric drawings and the electrical design environment.
The “Publish” command allows the user to transfer all the informations present in the drawing into the database, making this data available to the project team, in order to updated the lists. Thanks to the “Line Manager” tool it is possible to keep the project lines under control in real time giving the possibility to intervene on process data in a simple and immediate way. “Compare” function allow a constant verification on the consistancy between the process scheme and the 3D model.
Automatic 2D drawings
The automatic drawing generation environment, is one of the strengths of ESApro:
- automatic generation of plan, front , side section and isometric views
- aided dimensioning of the 2D views
- automatic representation of section symbols
- commands for the representation of pipe breaks and insulation
- automatic tagging of components and equipments
- shaded views, very clear and easy to read even in highly complex drawings
- automatic views update when the model changes
- export of the generated layouts as standards CAD bi-dimensional dwg files
Isometric Sketches Automatic Extraction
Once the 3D model is finished, ESApro 3D Piping organizes and transfers the piping lines to ESApro Isometrics in order to create the isometric sketches.
ESApro Isometrics provides a large set of tools for the modifications, final touch-ups, or the addition of notes while remaining constantly connected to the 3D model.
The 3D Piping environment can create high quality sketches in a simple, fast and totally controlled way thanks to the following functions:
- pre-subdivision of the sheets depending on the line complexities
- preview of the default sheets subdivision
- manual customization of the subdivision provided by the software
- manual creation of new sheets
- modified lines highlighting and re-extraction
Rendering and Animation
The program can directly display a shaded view, of the plant that is very useful when viewing very complex areas.
It is possible to render the model in a very sophisticated way so to enrich it with realistic and impressive visual effects. The software can also make film clips and produce animations.
Maximum compatibility with external Software
All the ESApro files are simple dwg file with standard AutoCAD entities only (lines, circles, blocks, etc.) included: no additional object enablers or conversion tools are therefore required to open or view such files.
The interchange of files with other software is then very straightforward as all types of software can read the DWG/DXF format or any other format exportable from AutoCAD (DGN, DWF, PDF).